The Webinar Series
The number of successful examples of satellite-based technologies in the maritime domain is increasing, and funding schemes to develop increasingly sophisticated solutions are made available by European and national institutions. Nevertheless, satellite-based services are still considered as “innovation” rather than “practice”.
This webinar series, promoted by ESA in collaboration with Eurisy, will discuss the current challenges faced by maritime stakeholders, as well as how satellite-based solutions respond to emerging needs and trends. The webinar will gather around a virtual table local authority, NGOs, research centres, and industrial clusters from space and maritime domains.
Each webinar will last about 1 hour and will host three speakers representing a relevant stakeholder in the selected maritime segment to present their needs and to share their experience as early users of satellite-based solutions.
- Marine Resources Exploitation: aquaculture; fishery; illegal fishing;
- Secure Transports and Communication: connectivity, autonomous shipping, logistics (focus on the shipowners’ experience);
- Maritime Spatial Planning: coastal protection, renewable energy, and port development.
ESA Blue Worlds Task Force Stakeholder Consultation
The stakeholders consultation survey by the European Space Agency’s Blue Worlds Task Force has been designed to gauge the understanding and interest as well as current and potential involvement of the European maritime users community (at large) in the exploitation of space based systems, data and products.
- To gather end-users needs and stimulate dialogues among stakeholders on the current and potential exploitation of space-based systems, data and products;
- To raise awareness through use cases on the use and benefits of operative satellite-based solutions serving maritime end- users’ communities;
- To assess actual obstacle in the uptake of satellite-based solutions and provide feedback;
- To discuss how geoinformation services can contribute to the implementation of European policy objectives of growth, jobs and environmental sustainability in the coastal and maritime sectors (Integrated Maritime Policy, Maritime Strategy Framework Directive);
- To support the dissemination of the ESA Blue Worlds Task Force Stakeholder Consultation.
- Local administrations;
- NGOs, associations, private companies and research centres;
- Decision-makers and policy-makers at all levels;
- Port authorities;
- Interested organisations and individuals.