10:00-10:30 Registration & coffee
10:30 Welcome remarks
- Alderman Tom Haire, High Sheriff of Belfast
- Grainne McVeigh, Director of Life Sciences, InvestNI
- Dominique Tilmans, President, Eurisy
- Bleddyn Rees, Non-Exec Director, European Connected Health Alliance
Thomas Reiter, European Space Agency Astronaut & Former Director of ESA’s Directorate of Human Spaceflight and Operations
- Vojtech Fort, European GNSS Agency (Czech Republic)
- David Muirhead, Honeywell Aerospace (UK)
- Stephanie Pau, Satellite Applications Catapult (UK)
11:30 Remote monitoring & connected health
This session will showcase examples of how satellite enabled applications can allow health care stakeholders to monitor and treat emergency cases and/or long term chronic conditions remotely.
- Arnaud Runge, Engineer for Life and Physical Science Instrumentation, Technology and Quality Directorate, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Laurent Braak, MEDES Institute for Space Medicine and Physiology (France)
- Dr Richard Weekes, Ullapool Medical Practice (UK)
- Jarle Norheim, ABC Hjelp (Norway)
- John Vesey, Satellite Applications Catapult (UK)
12:30 Emergent satellite applications for healthcare
This short pitching session will put StartUps, SMEs and Demo projects at the center stage of health innovation services with speakers pitching their latest products, solutions or ideas for tomorrow’s healthcase system.
- Gordon Rates, AirNode Scotland (UK)
- Alan Wells, Redshift Associates Ltd (UK)
- David Trainor, Sentireal (UK)
12:45-13:45 Networking Lunch & Exhibition
14:00 Satellites for environmental health
Environmental risk factors, such as air, water and soil pollution, climate change and ultraviolet radiation, contribute to more than 100 diseases and injuries. This session will showcase operational examples of how satellite-based applications can help public authorities better monitor, protect and plan for healthier urban environments.
- Prof. Dr. Alfred Stein, Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), University of Twente (Netherlands)
- Francesca De’Donato, Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service (Italy)
- Amy Stidworthy, Cambridge Environmental Research Consultants (UK)
- Janis Kleperis, Riga City Council (Latvia)
- Siobhan Toland, Belfast City Council (UK)
- Shane Fitch, LovexAir Foundation (Spain)
15:30-16:00 Coffee Break
16:00 Empowering the elderly
Technology represents a key ingredient to deal with the challenges of changing demographics. This session will showcase examples of how the relevant exploitation of satellite-based data can support the needs of an ageing population through the provision of new services for their health and care, while supporting indendent living for longer.
- Ana Ramovš, MD, Anton Trstenjak Institute of Gerontology and Intergenerational Relations (Slovenia)
- Amal Ezzeddine, Government & Corporate Affairs, Thuraya Telecommunications Company (United Arab Emirates)
- Erlantz Allur, Matia Gerontological Institute (Spain)
17:00 Health innovation funding opportunities
From local to regional and European support schemes, this session will present delegates with the existing funding opportunities available to kick-start satellite based services in the health sector.
- Ian Downey, UK IAP Programme Ambassador, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Carol Sunderland, Innovate UK Lead for Space Applications (UK)
- Shay McArdle, First Derivatives, Capital Markets Consulting (UK)
18:00 Networking cocktail
We know that networking is more than just shaking hands and trading business cards. To complement a full day of exchanges join us for an informal reception at the Linenhall Suite of the Ten Square Hotel, just steps away from from Belfast City Hall.