Eurisy is an association made of legal persons, or any other organisation, forming the General Assembly of Members. It is run by a Council of individuals elected by the General Assembly.
Eurisy was created in 1989 under French law, on the initiative of its founder President, the late Hubert Curien.
Eurisy celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2019.
Creating public awareness of the importance of these issues and informing young people in particular of the humanly and vocationally rewarding prospects offered by satellite systems: these are the tasks assigned to Eurisy. Prof. Hubert CURIEN
My hope is that the activities of Eurisy will help to inform the public and the decision-makers of the results of collaboration between the European Space Agency and the Commission of the European Communities in the field of the environment and of Earth observation, with a view to promoting the European space programmes for protecting the environment. Jacques DELORS
General Assembly of Members
The General Assembly prepares and decides on the general policy to be pursued by Eurisy.
Eurisy Council, Bureau and Secretariat
The Eurisy Council, Bureau and Secretariat are responsible for executing the strategic directions decided by the Eurisy Members.
The Eurisy Council convenes three times a year and is responsible for overseeing the running of Eurisy, hereby guiding the activities developed by Eurisy’s Bureau and Secretariat. Eurisy’s Council members are:
- Dominique Tilmans, Eurisy President
- Emily Gravestock, Eurisy Vice-President, UK Space Agency, United Kingdom
- James Foden, Eurisy Vice-President, Malta Council for Science and Technology, Malta
- Driss El Hadani, Eurisy Vice-President, Centre Royal de Télédetection Spatiale, Morocco
- Cristiana Cirina, Agenzia Spaziale Italiana (ASI), Italy
- Julien Béclard, Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO), Belgium
- Jean-Claude Benech, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES), France
- Joschka Münchenhagen, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR), Germany
- Isabelle Duvaux-Béchon, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Andreas Gisler, Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft (FFG), Austria
- Ayhan Inciri, Turkish Space Agency (TUA), Turkey
- Piero Messina, Eurisy Treasurer
- Annalisa Donati, Eurisy Secretary General
The Eurisy Bureau is formed by the President, Vice-president(s), Treasurer and Secretary General.
The resources of Eurisy consist of:
- membership fees, fixed each year by the General Assembly
- contributions, in kind or financially, from its members
- income from its property and reserve fund
- subventions, gifts and legacies.